1. Hey Adeola, please introduce yourself
My name is Adeola Naomi, I am a Nigerian Greek Speech Therapist, Yoga Therapist, Storyteller, Content Creator and Curator.
I am currently based in London but I called the world my home.
2. Tell us about the dream you are pursuing...
I am currently working on creating a safe space in the media for marginalised and underrepresented women creatives. I believe in the power of stories and I want every story to be told by the person who owns it. My passion is to achieve holistic healing through the telling of our stories.
3. Apart from following your dreams how do you stay fulfilled?
I stay fulfilled by connecting to my essential being, I am whole when my physical, mental, emotional, energetic and spiritual body are all well and connected. I spend a lot of my free time reading, running, practicing yoga, travelling and praying.
Models from Ade's magazine wearing Yemzi Bodysuit and Flounce Top with Dutch-wax Gele
4. Which places do you call home and what do you love about those environments?
As a product of the Diaspora, home is within me. The people I carry with me in my heart, the experience and the memories. I have lived in 5 different countries so far, travelled to more and created critical connection with people. Home for me is never a place but what memory is attached to the place.
5. What makes you a #YemziGirl?
My ability to be both soft, and strong. I find strength in my vulnerability.
6. Do you have a favourite Yemzi piece of clothing or collection?
I love the entire silk collection, I find it hard to pick a favourite, but I love the bandu top and the silk short.
7. Are you more of a plain or printed type of girl?
I love both and I think they can work together if you find the balance.
8. How important do you think it is to provide platforms where black voices are heard?
Platform that amplify black voices are very important and we also need to support platform that are founded and lead by black people.
We need to get to the same level as other demographic in media representation because the narrative of the world we live in is shaped by the images and voices of the media.
9. What are your top 3 tips for starting a podcast?
I will say just do it! Get on that idea and make it happen.
You don’t need to have load of money, just create a SoundCloud account and get yourself a good mic.
Stay true to yourself and tell your story.
10. And finally, what's your favourite quote?
"Your silence will not protect you," by the legendary Audre Lorde.
Keep up with Adeola: